Monday, May 4, 2009

With Friends Like These...


Sam Wurzelbacher Let's Us See His Gentler,
More Homophobic Side!

What is it with people who say "I have gay friends, but..."? Is prefacing your statement like that proof that you're not homophobic? Rick Warren does it all the time, but does anyone believe him? No. Simply because no one has come forward to say that they're both gay and friends of the Warrens. Glinda the Good Witch of the North's "Come out! Come out! Wherever you are!" hasn't worked yet.

And the "gay friends" ploy usually winds up telling more about the person's feelings than that person wants us to know. Take this last from Joe The Plumber:
I've had some friends that are actually homosexual. And, I mean, they know where I stand, and they know that I wouldn't have them anywhere near my children. But at the same time, they're people, and they're going to do their thing.
His wording says more just using bad grammar: "had some friends that are actually". In other words, he no longer has friends who are homosexual, it's hard to believe that the ones he knew are still homosexual, but in order not to seem homophobic, they're still people, even though being homosexual is a very big sin. Of course, he can always Foxx Out and say "I'm sorry my wording was poor."

Oh forgive the poor souls who are so terribly misunderstood simply because their rhetoric is out of whack. But do we really need to listen to people who don't think before they speak? I didn't think so either.

No comments: