From Think Progress:
Yesterday, Charles Krauthammer accepted the Eric Breindel Award for Excellence in Opinion Journalism, an annual award given by News Corporation. In his acceptance speech, Krauthammer lauded Fox News channel, which he said has “done a great service to the American polity” and for “single-handedly breaking up the intellectual and ideological monopoly that for decades exerted hegemony (to use a favorite lefty cliché) over the broadcast media.”
But his praise took a strange turn when he extolled the “genius” of Rupert Murdoch and Roger Ailes for creating an “alternate reality” for its viewers:
What Fox did is not just create a venue for alternative opinion. It created an alternate reality.
- Bush was very, very intelligent
- Obama is bad for everyone and everything
- Sarah Palin is "the Real Deal!"
- Bill O'Reilly is always on point!
- Conservatives good - liberals, evil!
- Ann Coulter is as beautiful as she thinks she is.
- Sean Hannity will receive the Edward R. Murrow Award for excellence in journalism
- Glen Beck is even funnier in private!
- Fewer Fox viewers live in single-wides than people think (47%)