Presidential Message, New Year's Day:
As my time in office comes to a close, I thank the American people for trusting me with the honor of serving our great country. It has been a tremendous privilege, and together we have accomplished a great deal.
Laying the blame on George W. Bush is almost too easy these days. Even his "Legacy Campaign" isn't getting the coverage it wants because Barack Obama's team is already making CHANGE before he's even sworn in! So, just how much has the country gained/lost/changed in 2008 - and up to 2008? See if you can match the numbers above with the statements below (answers at the bottom and...No peeking (like some Presidents we know)
- Number of days during his presidency that Bush spent on vacation:_____
- Number Of U.S. Troops Killed in Iraq during 2008____.
- Number Of U.S. Troops Killed in Afghanistan in 2008 ____
- Number Of Uninsured Americans (in millions):______
- Change In Housing Prices (in percentage points):______ .
- Number Of Jobs Lost in 2008 (in millions):_____
- Change In Health Insurance Premiums (in percentage points):_____
- Change In Number Of Delinquent Mortgages (in percentage points):_____
- Number Of Banks Federal Government Now Owns Stock In: _____
- Change In Dow Jones Industrial Average (in percentage points):_____
- George Bush Bush Approval Rating in 2008 (in percentage points):_____
- Cost of the Iraq War through 2008 (in billions - of course): _____
- Approximate cost of the privately funded George W. Bush Presidential Library (in millions):_____
- Change In Use Of Food Stamps (in percentage points):_____
- Percentage of President Bush’s total vetoes that blocked expansion of children’s health insurance:_____
- Number of points the Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped on September 29, 2008: _____
- Overall change in stock market wealth between Oct. 2007 and Oct. 2008 (in trillions): _____
- Estimated home equity lost by American families with the bursting of the housing bubble (in trillions):_____
- Number of home foreclosure filings in the millions): _____