Three reasons why Dick Cheney is stupid:
1. He should have shut up and faded away like any good former vice-president. He hates President Obama and his only stance is "He's soft on terrorists." Stupid. Very stupid.
2. He very obviously defends the use of torture.
3. The papers he requested may prove to be irrelevent to the case, but the TIMES they were written are certainly no coincidence. Does his arrogance block out all the facts surrounding his case? Who knows? Has one of his minions managed to destroy key evidence?
Thanks to the New York Times, you can link up with 24 of the torture memos and read what all the fuss is about. Or, you can click on one of the links below to get the exact memo you want. Anyway, there's nothing like sitting beside your little child's bed and reading them a lovely torture memo!
John C. Yoo
• Yoo's Memo on Avoiding Geneva Conventions (PDF document)
JAN. 25 Alberto R. Gonzales,
• Gonzales's Memo to Bush (PDF document)
JAN. 26 Colin Powell
Powell's Memo to White House (PDF document)
FEB. 2 William H. Taft IV,
• Taft's Memo on Rejection of Geneva Conventions (PDF document)
FEB. 7 George W. Bush
• Bush's Directive on Treatment of Detainees (PDF document)
AUGUST Jay S. Bybee
• Justice Dept. Memo on Torture (PDF document)
• Letter by Author of Memo on Torture to White House Counsel
• Defense Dept. Memo on Afghanistan Detainees (PDF document)
MARCH A memorandum prepared by a Defense Department legal task force drew on the January and August memorandums to declare that President Bush was not bound by either an international treaty prohibiting torture or by a federal anti-torture law because he had the authority as commander in chief to approve any technique needed to protect the nation's security.
APRIL Donald Rumsfeld
• Rumsfeld's Memo on Interrogation Techniques (PDF document)
And as we all know, as with roads and Rome, all these memos lead to Dick Cheney.
You know he'll never cop a Truman and say "the buck stops here."
The segment of video from Rachel Maddow's show is rather long (12 min) but worth the listening/viewing power.