She's At A Photo-Op With Her Baby. Get It Somewhere Else!
I wish Joe Biden would see this little list. The focus on the Vice Presidential Debate will, of course, be foreign policy, but Sarah Palin has been rather hypocritical in domestic policy. She may not be the "mother earth" figure and humanitarian she pretends to be. Her speech yesterday focused on funding programs for special needs children (like her own), so I would love for Biden to ask why she cut funding for:
- Special Olympics Alaska (cutting budget in half, down t0 $275,000)
- The Fairbanks Community Food Bank
- An Alaskan drop-out-prevention program
- An addiction rehabilitation facility
- Statewide independent living centers
- Transition housing for homeless young adults, and...
- She erased funding for substance abuse education*
Granted, Mrs. Mooseburger, The Goddess Sarah, might have had to make drastic cuts in Alaska's budget. All government budgets are in terrible shape. BUT don't let her get away with telling the country how caring and compassionate** she has been. Let her explain those cuts, then tell us what a wonderful governor she's been.
Besides Mother Earth, here are a depictions of what Sarah Palin
is NOT (left to right):
Ceres: Goddess of Abundance Quan Yin: Goddess of Mercy and Compassion Minerva: Goddess of Wisdom
Sorry, there is no goddess of hypocrisy.
* She just wants to eliminate education on sex, drugs, and...we'll have to wait for Rock 'n Roll
**Remember "Compassionate Conservatism?" That was 8 years ago. People still don't know what Bush was talking about. Maybe it's time that Mrs. Mooseburger resurrected it.