Sunday, January 11, 2009

That's Entertainment II: Ted Haggard Is Out Of The Wilderness!

He's Hedging For A Place
In Rick Warren's World!
(Well, he does have experience going door-to-door!)

Ted Haggard is back in the news - sort of. He's promoting a documentary about him called "The Trials of Ted Haggard". He seems to be backpedaling as fast as Rick Warren:

Asked to expand on his attitude toward homosexuality, Haggard said, "I believe all human beings fall short of the standards they believe in."

Backpedaling in a vague sort of way

He added, "I would say the biggest change is I now know about hatred than I ever dreamed, and I know it doesn't help. And I know more about judgment and I know it doesn't help. Since my experience, I know more about the power of love and forgiveness. I know a lot more about the necessity of people not judging one another."

Haggard said he isn't qualified to judge what factors into one's sexuality, but still believes it's "God's perfect plan" for marriage to be between a man and woman.

During a guest sermon last November at a friend's church in Illinois, Haggard said a co-worker of his father molested him when he was 7, an experience that "started to produce fruit" later. Evidently Haggard is also trying for stand-up comedy. Clarifying that Friday, Haggard said: "I'm certainly not saying that because of that, I did this. I did what I did by my choice, and I'm responsible for it."

So now we know: he has seen "discrimination" and "hate", he is true-blue traditional marriage and he considers being homosexual a choice. His next sermon will be at Saddleback Church with a cast of thou...well, some other people.

No comments: