People Never Seem Tire Of Sarah Palin!
Give Us More! More! More!
Give Us More! More! More!
To Christian Broadcasting Network, Trinity Broadcasting Network and any other network that has a timeslot to fill: Create an All Palin Channel, broadcasting news, podcasts, pictorials, documentaries (there may be one out there) all about Sarah Palin, Governor of Alaska. Think of the ratings! You'd push aside FOX news the very first day! She's a phenomenon! She's gold! People want to know what fragrance she wears! (it's a secret!), what Walmart she patronizes! They want Sarah Palin hairdos, Sarah Palin shoes, Sarah Palin Evangelical rape kits! An all-Palin, all the time channel would be a veritable blockbuster - at least for the next 5 weeks. After that, who knows? After that, who cares?
I care enough to say STOP! Stop and take a long, deep breath. Stop and READ what she has said and is being said about her. Stop looking at the
Sarah Palin. Start looking at her in conjunction with McCain, Obama and Biden...and policies. Ask yourself some very pertinent questions: (my personal answers in red - hey! who's blog is it?)
- Is Sarah Palin a Christian Fundamentalist who follows the current Fundamentalist ideology? Yes. Her ties to Pentecostals, certain pastors, views of the Bible and links to people like Franklin Graham, make for one faithful Fundamentalist.
- Would Palin try to exercise Fundamentalist beliefs as a head of state? Possibly. She showed some leanings toward censorship with the Wasilla librarian affair.
- Does Sarah Palin have a working knowledge of minorities? No. No matter how many times she says that she's been exposed to many different cultures in Wasilla and Anchorage, she really doesn't have a working knowledge of minorities be they African American, Latino, gay, Asian, Muslim.
- Does Governor Palin have a working knowledge of the various regional cultures of America such as New Englander, New Yorker, Los Angelino, Texan, etc.? Probably not. In a sense, Palin has been in isolation for most of her life, if her accounts are true.
- Would Palin be able to represent the nation in foreign countries/affairs? No. She is too much like George Bush to be able to carry off any diplomatic mission. Period.
- Would Palin be able to react quickly in terms of a natural disaster? Don't know. This would depend on how much briefing she gets on infrastructure affairs - how much John McCain would allow her to know.
- Would Palin vote for or co-author a Marriage Amendment? If she thought the legislature could pull it off successfully, DEFINITELY.
- Is Sarah Palin smart? Yes. She has cunning and a sense of political survival.
- Is Sarah Palin intelligent? Probably not. While some people cite her as a "quick learner," she has not stopped repeating her liabilities (e.g. "Bridge to Nowhere" lie)
- Is she secretive? Yes. There are too many questions left unanswered. When questioned about many things, she dodges questions, sometimes to the point of seeming to come off as clueless.
- Can she lead? Condition: Only when she feels that EVERYONE supports her. Too many stories of vengeance for not supporting her are circulating.
- Would she be a competent President? No. She would have to take too much time to learn things. She would sense her own incompetence and that would show.
Just a thought.