Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Senator Nanny? Imagine THAT VOICE In A Filibuster??


"Her voice alone would spur me to action with the hopes that she'd shut up."

Overheard on the floor of the Senate:
"Hey! Ev'rybody in dis room shuddup! I wanna tawk!"


Yes, dear reader, Fran Dresser wants to take Hillary's vacant seat in the U.S. Senate. And rumor has it that she's prepping herself for a run later if she doesn't get it now. Wouldn't it be wonderful if, somehow, she ran for election (of anything) against Sarah Palin? Now THAT'S entertainment!

Intelligencer
Senator Nanny? Fran Wants It!
Appoint her, or she’ll run.
* By Diana Scholl * Published Dec 7, 2008
Fran Drescher wants to replace Hillary Clinton in the Senate. She says she’s qualified. “I’ve just been given the appointment of U.S. diplomat,” she said at a party for HBO's Le Cirque: A Table in Heaven at that restaurant on December 3. “My title is public diplomacy envoy for women’s health issues, and I just got back from a four-country European tour of duty. I believe next I’ll be sent to the Middle East.” Also an anti-cancer activist, Drescher has been considering a run for office. “I’ve been very successful in getting a bill passed in Washington,” she said. “I was thinking I’d take the next four years to lay some groundwork, but I’m throwing my hat in the ring.” What else makes her a good candidate? “I’m an authentic and honest person,” she said. “And I think Capitol Hill needs more of that.”

Recent Comments On This Article:

OMG The Nanny? Are you kidding? You damn skippy I'd vote for her.
And I'd take her over Sarah Palin any day.

No comments: