Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Got Tube?

I’m really slow when it comes to picking up some religious right news, so it came as a surprise to me to learn that a sight called GodTube started last August. It boasts 500,000 hits per month and clips of it are available at GodTube’s sight.

As I’ve always said, America has made a religion out of entertainment …and an entertainment out of religion. You can take away our food, shelter, and clothing, but don’t even think about touching our entertainment. Entertainment has now become our largest export. And it brings the tourists in.

There is certainly nothing askew about promoting tourism. I live in San Francisco where people wander off the cable car tour buses and I’ve become protective of the naïve little darlings. But now, imagine a group of Japanese tourists disembarking from a plane asking where they can see the Salem Witchcraft Trials performed live (of course) at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas!.

Something’s wrong here.

Should I be selling my glow-in-the-dark Jesus for big bucks on eBay?

No comments: